Newport, RI – The Newport County Youth Chorus (NCYC) and Emmanuel Church and Dayschool have announced the 2nd Annual Caroling and Crafting Event to be held on Saturday, December 1. The event is free to attend and families with children of all ages are welcome.
The event will be held at Emmanuel Church, 42 Dearborn Street, Newport from 2:30 – 4:30 pm. In addition to multiple crafting stations, attendees can enjoy free popcorn and hot chocolate and be serenaded by holiday carolers and members of the Newport String Project.
At approximately 3:30 pm, those interested can stroll through the neighborhood to sing for holiday shoppers on Thames Street and for residents of the St. Clare Assisted Living Home (song lyric sheets and jingle bells provided).
Free parking is available in the lot across from Emmanuel Church and the church is wheelchair accessible.
Please find an event flyer attached to this message.
This year’s event is supported by Christmas in Newport.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)