Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s up for weather and things to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Rain and thunderstorms, mainly before 11 am. High near 59. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 41. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through this afternoon
- Today –S winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming SW 10 to 15 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Waves around 5 ft. Rain with tstms likely this morning.
- Tonight – W winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Waves around 3 ft, except 5 to 6 ft at the Bay entrance.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 53.1 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:13 am and sunset will be at 5:45 pm.
- The first low tide was at 3:52 am and the next low tide will be at 4:42 pm. The first high tide will be at 10:59 am and the next high tide at 11:33 pm.
- Today we have 10 hours and 32 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:29 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 18 days, lighting is 88%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday, Nov. 4 – Siver Spirit (Capacity: 540 passengers)
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- 10:30 am – Redwood Halloween Story Time & Crafts at Redwood Children’s Library
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Light Up the Night at Women’s Resource Center
Looking For More Things To Do?