Newport, RI – Here’s a look at what’s up for today in Newport in regards to weather, events, and more!
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 49. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tonight – Rain, mainly after 2 am. Low around 43. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Today –NW winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming W this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Tonight – Se winds around 5 kt, becoming E 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Waves 1 foot or less, then around 3 ft after midnight. Rain after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 51.1 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:11 am and sunset will be at 5:48 pm.
- The first low tide was at 2:29 am and the next low tide will be at 3:17 pm. The first high tide will be at 9:23 amand the next high tide at 9:50 pm.
- Today we will have 10 hours and 37 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 12:29 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 16 days, lighting is 98%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday – Victory 1 (Capacity: 202, 84 crew)
Things To Do
- 2:30 pm, 4:45 pm, & 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – Liege Waffles at Ragged Island Brewery
- 5:30 pm – 3rd annual Pumpkin Fest at Pell Elementary School
- 6 pm – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 7 pm – Far To Near at Casino Theatre
- 7 pm – 3rd Annual Halloween CarnEvil Celebration at Newport Vineyards
- 7 pm – Doubt: A Parable – Live Stageplay at The Edward King House
- 7 pm to 10 pm – Fortress of Nightmares at Historic Fort Adams
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 23 – 29)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 23 – 29)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar