Newport, RI – Here’s a look at all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today, stay warm out there!
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southwest wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight – A chance of showers, mainly after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 56. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from noon EDT today through Saturday morning
- Today – W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming SW 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt this afternoon. Waves around 2 ft, building to 4 ft this afternoon.
- Tonight – SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 4 ft, except up to 7 ft at the Bay entrance. A chance of showers after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 55.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:03 am and sunset will be at 5:58 pm.
- The first high tide was at 4:30 am and the next high tide will be at 4:56 pm. The first low tide will be at 10:24 am and the next low tide at 11:00 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 9 days, lighting is 70%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Friday – Silver Wind (Capacity: 294 passengers, 208 crew)
- Friday – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- 4 pm – Rhody Roots at Ragged Island Brewing
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 6 pm – Outdoor Movie Night featuring The Incredibles at St. Michael’s Country Day School Lawn
- 7 pm to 10 pm – Fortress of Nightmares at Historic Fort Adams
- 7 pm – Doubt: A Parable – Live Stageplay at The Edward King House
- 7 pm – 19th Annual Taste of Portsmouth at Portsmouth Public Library
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- 8 pm – Barrel of Laughs Comedy Show ft. Brendan Eyre at Newport Vineyards
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
Want this (and much more) information sent to your inbox every morning? Sign up for our free daily newsletter
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more