Our site doesn’t have a paywall and all of our content and newsletters are always free to read.
Instead, reader support and advertising from local businesses power our locally owned, independent newsroom. If you like what we do, a contribution of $8/month means more than you’d think, and any amount helps.
Newport, RI – Here’s a look at all that’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today, stay warm out there!
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southwest wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight – A chance of showers, mainly after 2am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 56. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from noon EDT today through Saturday morning
- Today – W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming SW 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt this afternoon. Waves around 2 ft, building to 4 ft this afternoon.
- Tonight – SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 4 ft, except up to 7 ft at the Bay entrance. A chance of showers after midnight.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 55.0 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:03 am and sunset will be at 5:58 pm.
- The first high tide was at 4:30 am and the next high tide will be at 4:56 pm. The first low tide will be at 10:24 am and the next low tide at 11:00 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 9 days, lighting is 70%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Friday – Silver Wind (Capacity: 294 passengers, 208 crew)
- Friday – Seven Seas Navigator (Capacity: 490 passengers)
Things To Do
- 4 pm – Rhody Roots at Ragged Island Brewing
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 6 pm – Outdoor Movie Night featuring The Incredibles at St. Michael’s Country Day School Lawn
- 7 pm to 10 pm – Fortress of Nightmares at Historic Fort Adams
- 7 pm – Doubt: A Parable – Live Stageplay at The Edward King House
- 7 pm – 19th Annual Taste of Portsmouth at Portsmouth Public Library
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- 8 pm – Barrel of Laughs Comedy Show ft. Brendan Eyre at Newport Vineyards
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
Want this (and much more) information sent to your inbox every morning? Sign up for our free daily newsletter