Newport, RI – On Monday, October 29, 2018, from 1:00 – 2:00 pm, all Rogers High School, Newport Area Career & Technical Center and P-TECH students will assemble in the Patrick F. Carroll Auditorium at Rogers High School for a Red Ribbon Week Assembly.
Red Ribbon Week is an alcohol, tobacco, and other drug and violence prevention awareness campaign observed annually in October in the United States. During the assembly, Molly Kennedy, a nationally sought-after youth motivational speaker, will share her message that is geared toward empowering today’s youth to be resilient and take charge of their future.
Molly shares the story of growing up in a dysfunctional family with addition, divorce, neglect and abandonment. She suffered from an eating disorder, and was suicidal and a runaway at 15 years old. For more information please go to http://mollykennedyspeaks.com.
The events is sponsored by the Newport Prevention Coalition. There will be support staff available for students that may need assistance.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend