Newport, RI – On Monday, October 29, 2018, from 1:00 – 2:00 pm, all Rogers High School, Newport Area Career & Technical Center and P-TECH students will assemble in the Patrick F. Carroll Auditorium at Rogers High School for a Red Ribbon Week Assembly.
Red Ribbon Week is an alcohol, tobacco, and other drug and violence prevention awareness campaign observed annually in October in the United States. During the assembly, Molly Kennedy, a nationally sought-after youth motivational speaker, will share her message that is geared toward empowering today’s youth to be resilient and take charge of their future.
Molly shares the story of growing up in a dysfunctional family with addition, divorce, neglect and abandonment. She suffered from an eating disorder, and was suicidal and a runaway at 15 years old. For more information please go to http://mollykennedyspeaks.com.
The events is sponsored by the Newport Prevention Coalition. There will be support staff available for students that may need assistance.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library