On this edition of What’sUpNewp Radio on AM 1540 WADK Newport we catch up with blues-folk artist Kerri Powers by phone before her Common Fence Music show this Friday. Lieutenant commander Josh Kempinski, Vice President of the Surface Naval Forces (SNA) Chapter Newport, also stops by the show discuss their upcoming 5k By The Bay, that’s coming up on October 27th.
Common Fence Music will present blues-folk artist KERRI POWERS on Friday, October 19th, 2018, 8 pm. Singer-songwriter Steve Delmonico of Providence folk-rock band The Quahogs will open the show. Doors will open at 7:15pm for members, 7:30pm for non-members. The concert will take place at Hope & Main, 691 Main Street, Warren, RI. Tickets to the show are $18 in advance, $20 at the door, $16 for members. Tickets and information may be obtained at CommonFenceMusic.org. Tickets will also be available for purchase at the door. For more information about Common Fence Music, please visit CommonFenceMusic.org, or call (401)683-5085.
The semi-annual 5k By The Bay, which is hosted by SNA Newport, will take place at 9:30 am on October 27th. The event is open to all. For more information, visit www.snanewport.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals