Listen to Governor Gina Raimondo and you’ll be convinced that Rhode Island’s economy is strong, with wages growing faster than any other state.
Listen to her Republican challenger, Cranston Mayor Allan Fung, and you’ll believe that Rhode Island is the worst state in which to do business.
Ask Joe Trillo, an Independent candidate for governor who was a Republican state Representative for a decade, and he’ll agree the economy is growing, but credits it all President Trump, for whom he was campaign co-chair in Rhode Island in 2016.
What to believe? Who to believe?
Len Lardaro, economist at the University of Rhode Island, helps us on this edition of The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK make some sense of all this political rhetoric.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author