(The Commodore William Edgar House c. 1885 has sold. Photo Credit: Lila Delman Real Estate)
Lila Delman Real Estate has announced the sale of the Commodore William Edgar House. The home, located at 25 Old Beach Road, sold for $3,534,500. This transaction marks the highest multi-family home sale in Rhode Island year-to-date, according to data maintained by the Rhode Island Statewide MLS.* Kendra Toppa, Lila Delman’s Newport Sales Manager, and the late Melanie Delman represented the seller.
Neither the buyer or sell were identified by Lila Delman Real Estate.
“One of Lila Delman’s strengths is marketing unique and important properties,” commented Kendra Toppa in a press release announcing the sale. “We believe respecting a property’s provenance and place within Newport’s historical fabric is key to achieving a successful outcome for our clients.”
The Commodore William Edgar House c. 1885 is a traditional Georgian Wrenian Colonial Revival designed by the esteemed architectural firm McKim, Mead & White for a founding member of the New York Yacht Club. Measuring 13,682 square feet across two units, the property features a total of ten bedrooms, eight bathrooms and intricate design details throughout.
Prior to this transaction, Lila Delman held the record for the highest multi-family home sale in Newport this year for the sale of 29 Bull Street at $1,255,000.*
More from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell