Gurney’s Resorts announces the appointment of two accomplished hospitality veterans to its newest resorts. Jaime Stuyck has been tapped as the new Resort Manager of Gurney’s Yacht Club & Resort which launched in May in Montauk as the brand’s second property in the destination. Kevin Maguire, an accomplished culinary enthusiast with over 20 years of culinary experience at some of the finest restaurants around the world, has been named Director of Food & Beverage at Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina in Rhode Island.
“As the Gurney’s brand continues to grow and be the leader in luxury experiences in coastal destinations, we’re thrilled to add the talents of Jaime Stuyck and Kevin Maguire to the team,” said Gurney’s owner George Filopoulos. “Their backgrounds, dedication and drive for success are integral to the growth of the brand and continued delivery of high levels of service for our customers as the properties evolve year after year.”
With over 13 years in the hotel industry, Stuyck has an impressive hospitality background with experience at some of the most outstanding hotels in the world including the Miami Beach EDITION. Gurney’s Montauk Yacht Club & Resort will close this winter to undergo a $13 million property-wide upgrade, overseen by Stuyck, who will be responsible for the day to day operations, renovation project and personnel management. The updates to the 107 guestrooms, ballroom, meeting rooms, restaurants, and 35-acre marina and grounds will be complete in time for the 2019 season. As the largest marina in the Hamptons and the second marina property for Gurney’s, the Yacht Club plans to deliver a full-service experience and fine food and beverage to the boating community.
New to the East Coast, Maguire has a reputation as a culinary innovator from his experience with Enchantment Group. He’s also known for introducing non-traditional cuisine across a variety of restaurant locations and playing an integral role in restaurant launches. At Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina, Maguire will manage the food and beverage operation of Scarpetta, The Pineapple Club, in-room dining, and groups and events. Heading into its third season in 2019, Gurney’s Newport debuted in 2017 as the only four-season resort in Newport, RI. Since becoming part of the Gurney’s brand, the resort features a fully refreshed look and feel, new marina, enhanced pool deck and updated culinary outlets.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill