In partnership with Common Fence Music and St Michael’s Country Day School, the Newport String Project presents its Fall Community Barn Dance on Sunday, November 4th from 2pm-4pm.
Join the Newport String Project for a high-energy afternoon of fiddle-fuelled fun. Participants of all ages will be led through old-time dances by seasoned dance caller Jim Hicks. Newport String Project director EmmaLee Holmes-Hicks will be fiddling with the Rusty Pick-Up String Band and local musicians Tom Perrotti and Mike Fischman.
The dance will kick off with a special performance by the young students of the Newport String Project.
The event is free and open to all. Donations in support of the Newport String Project’s programming can be made at the door or online at http://www.newportstringproject.org/donate/
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels