The construction of a new 84-room hotel and restaurant on the former site of the Newport Yachting Center will keep the Newport Skating Center closed for at least the next two seasons.
Today on the What’sUpNewp Radio on AM 1540 WADK Newport, I spent the majority of it discussing that news that we brought you first last night. We explore what’s ahead for the skating center, Newport International Boat Show, and what the final plans for the property will be.
We also touch on a wide variety of other issues and things that are happening, new, and to do out there.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author