Newport, RI – A replica of Air Force One caught the eye and attention of many along Narragansett Bay on Friday as she departed from Quonset State Airport to Maryland.
In September 2017, the Air Force One replica, a full-scale recreation of Air Force One, opened to the public at Quonset State Airport. More than 9,500 guests reserved tours of the experience during the opening week.
Created by the New York-based the Children’s Democracy Project, whose mission to teach children the importance and value of democracy, the plane will next go on display starting October 9th in National Harbor, Maryland.
Created to inspire the next generation of leaders, the Air Force One Experience is focused on connecting children with the principles of American democracy through a relatable and exciting experience.
For the first time ever, students, adults and history buffs of all ages have been able to experience an important collection of non-partisan Presidential items in one exhibition. Once on site, visitors are able to see and touch the Boeing 747, known as the plane that changed the world, and view this massive marvel of technology from every angle, from its tires, to its engines and more.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million