Ahead of Wednesday’s Statewide Primary in Rhode Island, Tracy Nelson, Canvassing Clerk for Newport’s Canvassing Authority joined me to chat about what we should know, have ready, and do when we go to the polls on Wednesday in the City-By-The-Sea.
The Newport Canvassing Authority is charged with conducting all elections for the City of Newport. Under the direction of the State Board of Elections, and in cooperation with the Secretary of State, the Canvassing Authority is involved in all phases of the electoral process, from voter registration to tallying the votes after the polls close on election day.
For more information on the Canvassing Authority, visit http://www.cityofnewport.com/departments/canvassing.
For more information from the Secretary of The State, visit www.sos.ri.gov.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now