Ahead of Wednesday’s Statewide Primary in Rhode Island, Tracy Nelson, Canvassing Clerk for Newport’s Canvassing Authority joined me to chat about what we should know, have ready, and do when we go to the polls on Wednesday in the City-By-The-Sea.
The Newport Canvassing Authority is charged with conducting all elections for the City of Newport. Under the direction of the State Board of Elections, and in cooperation with the Secretary of State, the Canvassing Authority is involved in all phases of the electoral process, from voter registration to tallying the votes after the polls close on election day.
For more information on the Canvassing Authority, visit http://www.cityofnewport.com/departments/canvassing.
For more information from the Secretary of The State, visit www.sos.ri.gov.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays