Round two as Frank explores a dispute between Portsmouth, RI residents and the Navy over Navy plans to build a solar farm that’s expected to come close to a residential area that overlooks Narragansett Bay. Solar Breakers, a subsidiary of BQ Energy, LLC, has signed a 37-year lease with the Navy to build the 75-acre solar farm on what has been described as unused land. The planned relocation of a fence has raised concerns among residents of its impact on both qualities of life and property values.
Guests joining Frank for this discussion today are Portsmouth Town Council President Keith Hamilton, and Residents Bob Berner and Ralph Sotek, advocates for many neighbors.
ICYMI: Round 1 – Podcast: Portsmouth residents and Navy dispute over solar farm
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author