In this edition, Frank discusses a dispute between Portsmouth residents and the Navy over Navy plans to build a solar farm that’s expected to come close to a residential area that overlooks Narragansett Bay. Solar Breakers, a subsidiary of BQ Energy, LLC, has signed a 37-year lease with the Navy to build the 75-acre solar farm on what has been described as unused land. The planned relocation of a fence has raised concerns among residents of its impact on both quality of life and property values.
State Sen. Jim Seveney of Portsmouth and Ralph Sotak, a neighborhood advocate join Frank Prosnitz for this discussion on The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK Newport.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free