Middletown, RI – Clean Ocean Access (COA) hosted a beach cleanup for International Coastal Cleanup Day on September 15, 2018. 73 volunteers of all ages worked together on this beautiful Saturday morning to remove 198 pounds of debris from the shoreline on Easton’s Beach including hundreds of cigarette butts, dozens of food wrappers, construction material and more.
COA is hosting a beach cleanup this Saturday, September 22 at Pheasant Drive Beach in Portsmouth. Additional parking will be available at the Newport Beach Club. No registration required, all are welcome!
For more information on COA, visit www.cleanoceanaccess.org.
Photo: Joe Lee (right) and friend are excited to be a part of a community event where they can help give back to their community.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)