The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) has closed 29 beaches across Rhode Island so far this summer for a total of 111 days due to high bacteria counts. Locally, Third Beach has been closed since August 10th for this reason. Today on the radio, we chat about beach closures, high bacteria counts, what it all means, what we should be worried about (if anything), and more.
Our Guests Today:
~ Sherry Poucher, Beach Program Coordinator for RI Department of Health
~ Dave McLaughlin, Executive Director of Clean Ocean Access
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch