The Naval Station Newport MWR will be hosting a Salute to Summer Free Concert and Fireworks Show on Saturday, August 25th at Dewey Field on Naval Station Newport.
This event is open to active duty personnel, retirees, reservists, eligible family members, DoD civilians and contractors with base access, and the general public.
Field gates will open at 2 pm for patrons with base access and Gate 1 at 4 p.m. for the general public, pedestrians only, no unauthorized cars. Navy Health Clinic New England parking lot located on Third Street, will be available for the general public to park until filled.
Navy Band Northeast’s rock band, Rhode Island Sound, will close out Naval Station Newport’s annual Salute to Summer day of family fun with a free concert at 7:45 PM.
- Ben O’Connor – 3 p.m.
- The Driftwoods – 5 p.m.
- Navy Band Northeast – 7 p.m.
- Fireworks ~ 9:15 p.m.
For more information on the event, visit Navy MWR Naval Station Newport page.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more