Newport Historical Society’s Museum of Newport History & Shop is currently seeking a
part-time employee to assist in the daily sales operations of the museum and shop. The
associate will contribute to the overall success of the Newport Historical Society through
his/her role in the shop. Qualified candidates will have an outgoing personality, ability to
sell, be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and have an interest in history. Candidates
must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must be willing to close the
shop and be available for 12-16 hours on Friday and Saturday/Sunday.
Job Duties Include:
– Welcoming customers by greeting and offering assistance.
– Advising visitors by providing information on products, tours, and the museum.
– Helps customer make selections through making connections between product
and Newport’s history.
– Will process payments through our P.O.S. system; processing checks, cash, credit
– Assists with keeping the shop and stock areas clean and organized and
– Approaches sales of product, tours, and memberships with enthusiasm.
– Familiarity with Newport
Skills & Qualifications:
Customer Service, Dependability, People Skills, Energetic, Sales/Retail Experience, and an
Interest in History.
Ability to climb several sets of stairs, lift up to 40 pounds.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jenna Teachout at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be called in for an interview
and position will begin ASAP