Description: Lifeguard events, programs and activities with responsibility, safety and genuine concern for swimmers and participants.
· Demonstrated knowledge of principles related to development of youth between 4 and 18 years of age.
· Strong group leadership skills and an understanding of group dynamics.
· Strong communication skills both oral and written are required.
· Must be currently lifeguard certified.
· Passion/background in swimming is preferred.
· Knowledge of pool systems, tools and water treatment a plus.
· Conduct fun and meaningful swim lessons for all age levels.
Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
Ensure safety of group/individual swimmers
Maintain pool equipment and maintenance
Other duties as required
Teach proper swim technique to all levels
Ensure fun and safe learning environment
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Sitting, standing, active up and down within the pool area. Must be a strong swimmer.
Terms of Employment:
Part time hours based on schedule and need of staffing. Hourly rate of pay ranging from minimum wage to $12/Hr. based on experience and qualifications. Terms of employment will be agreed upon hiring of position.
Welcome to the Boys & Girls Club of Newport County
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need help most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. For nearly 60 years, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County has provided quality programming and services not only to those less-advantaged children and their families but to all youth in our community. The Club is part of a nationwide movement of more than 4,000 Boys & Girls Clubs, and we provide services to more than 1,800 members annually.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County offers a variety of programs for children, teens, adults and families. Programs include after school licensed child care, homework help, a teen center, summer camp, swimming lessons and aquatics, a fitness center, dance and drama, computers and technology, music and music production, and the fine arts.
Interested candidates must submit a letter of intent, application and resume to:
Christopher B. Perrotti
95 Church Street
Newport, RI 02840
Phone: 401-847-6927 ext. 131
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters