Braden Leonard, a Newport resident, appeared on Megyn Kelly Today on Thursday. The former Johnston firefighter was on to talk about how he is inventing high-tech prosthetic after losing his hand in a biking accident.
“Braden Leonard was a firefighter and avid outdoorsman. After a thorn went into his hand during a mountain biking accident, Leonard contracted necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh-eating bacteria that caused his hand to be amputated. That’s when Leonard realized the shortcomings in upper-limb prosthetics and set about designing his own prosthetic that would allow him to better live his life,” the story on the shows website states.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13