The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) announced on Friday afternoon that they recommend the reopening of Peabody’s Beach in Middletown and Camp Watmough (Holiday Acres Campground) Beach in Glocester for swimming, based on results from water samples that show bacteria levels within acceptable limits.
Briar Point Beach in Coventry remains closed, according to Friday’s press release.
RIDOH says they will continue to monitor and review beach water quality regularly to ensure safe bathing throughout the summer season.
The status of a beach may change on a daily basis. The most up-to-date beach information is available through a recorded message on RIDOH’s beaches telephone line (401-222-2751).
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals