The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) announced on Friday afternoon that they recommend the reopening of Peabody’s Beach in Middletown and Camp Watmough (Holiday Acres Campground) Beach in Glocester for swimming, based on results from water samples that show bacteria levels within acceptable limits.
Briar Point Beach in Coventry remains closed, according to Friday’s press release.
RIDOH says they will continue to monitor and review beach water quality regularly to ensure safe bathing throughout the summer season.
The status of a beach may change on a daily basis. The most up-to-date beach information is available through a recorded message on RIDOH’s beaches telephone line (401-222-2751).
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup