Using examples of professional athletes competing for the greatest touchdown, the last minute three-point basket or maybe the Olympic gold medal, instructors at the EFC Newport Kickin’ Kids Sports Camp will teach children how to break free from poor choices and fear. Scheduled for July 9-13 at EFC Newport, RI this one week, half-day camp will provide coaching and teaching to over 100 local children. Soccer, flag football, basketball, cheerleading, and preschool sports will be combined with Bible stories featuring a positive message. Coached by a trained team from Uncharted Water (UW) Sports Ministry of South Carolina, the camp is open to ages 4 through 12. Volunteer parents and EFC staff with serve as assistant coaches and mentors to the children.
“We are so excited to be working with the UW Sport Ministry join us again this year. They never disappoint with the enthusiasm they have for their sports and sharing the gospel. It’s always an amazing week. Every child leaves excited to put into action all they have learned throughout the week,” shared EFC Newport Children’s Ministry Director, Nicki Eppley in a press release on Monday.
Each morning the children are engaged in sports activity, a Bible lesson, songs, and snacks. The fee of $40 per child includes a camp t-shirt, collector’s pin, snacks and daily take-home bible studies. Registration is open to the community. Scholarships are available.
EFC Newport is a contemporary Christian church located at 70 Bliss Mine Road, Middletown RI with a campus location, EFC North, at 14 Potomac Road, Portsmouth RI.
For more information visit www.efcnewport.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits