A Newport woman claimed a $50,000 “Super Crossword” Instant Ticket prize on Friday, according to the Rhode Island Lottery.
According to Lottery officials, the woman initially thought she won $2,000 until Lottery staff validated the ticket and informed her that the ticket was actually a $50,000 winner.
Since the identified winner hadn’t realized how much she won, lottery officials hadn’t begun to make plans for the money but shared that she may buy a new vehicle.
Newport Mart, 52 East Main Rd., Middletown, sold the winning ticket. Two $50,000 top prizes remain unclaimed for the “Super Crossword” Instant Game.
Little Compton Man Wins $10,000
A man from Little Compton claimed a $10,000 winning Mega Millions® ticket from the June 15th draw. His winning ticket matched four numbers and the Mega Ball to win the standard prize of $10,000. Had he purchased the Megaplier® feature for an additional dollar on his wager, his prize would have been multiplied by 2, the Megaplier® number for that draw, increasing his prize to $20,000. He plans to give some of his winnings to his family members and use the remainder to begin renovating his kitchen. Elaine’s Country Store, 1204 Fish Road, Tiverton, sold the winning ticket.
The Latest From WUN
- Concert Recap and Photos: Jake Blount at Common Fence Music (October 16, 2021)
- Cathleen Carr named new executive director of newportFILM
- Ocean State Job Lot hosting hiring events at all store locations
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve