Several local organizations have announced their collaboration to host “Newport Clean Up Day” on Thursday, June 28th.
“Come join Clean Ocean Access (COA), Mount Gay Rum, and The Last Straw for a cleanup of lower Thames and Banisters and Bowens Wharf on Thursday, June 28th from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.,” a news brief from Clean Ocean Access states. “We will meet at Midtown Oyster Bar at 11:30 a.m. Immediately following the cleanup will be a light lunch with Mount Gay Rum at Midtown Oyster Bar and a rum tasting led by Chester Browne, National Brand Ambassador! Help us bring real-time awareness to the problem of litter and marine debris along the waterfront”.
To sign up or to for more information, email email@example.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)