Rhode Island economy – bliss or abyss. A deal for a new Pawtucket Red Sox stadium by the numbers. How do you turn around a $60 million deficit a few months ago into a $38 million surplus a couple of weeks before the end of the fiscal year? Is Rhode Island’s economy as good as the incumbent politicians want us to think, or as bad as their opponents are anxious to portray?
University of Rhode Island economist Len Lardaro joins Frank Prosnitz and Ryan Belmore today on this edition of The Open Forum to provide us with some answers and perspective.
Listen to The Open Forum with WUN’s Frank Prosnitz every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday on AM 1540 WADK Newport.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now