Gregory Thompson, Development Director, of the Women’s Resource Center in Newport and Warren, stopped by What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK on Tuesday to chat with me about all that his organization is doing in our local communities.
Women’s Resource Center (WRC), serving Newport and Bristol Counties, was founded in 1977 to provide comprehensive domestic violence intervention and prevention services that educate, advocate, and shelter any individual in need of assistance. Each year they help women, children, families, men and the elderly to obtain the services they need to secure their physical, mental, emotional and financial safety from domestic abuse.
At the beginning of the show, I also brought you some audio and feedback from the arrivals of the Volvo Ocean Race sailors that happened earlier in the day.
What’s Up Newp Radio Edition
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16