According to Jamestown resident Sav Rebecchi, 51% of all Rhode Island’s government officials were elected with just 1 vote in 2016. Meaning that the majority of officeholders ran unimposed in their local or statewide election.
Because of that, and his belief that all candidates must have a challenger for “government to work properly”, Rebechhi has launched www.fullballotsri.com.
Rebechhi joined Frank Prosnitz and Ryan Belmore on this edition of The Open Forum on AM 1540 WADK Newport to discuss his initiative and why it’s so important.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)