It’s hard to believe it, but April 15th will mark 5 years since the Boston Marathon bombing.
Heather Abbott, a Newport resident who lost a portion of her leg during the Boston Marathon bombing, joined Frank Prosnitz and I today on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport to chat about The Heather Abbott Foundation, her Boston Marathon runners, upcoming fundraisers, Marathon Monday, and much more.
For more information on The Heather Abbott Foundation, visit www.heatherabbottfoundation.org.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch