It’s hard to believe it, but April 15th will mark 5 years since the Boston Marathon bombing.
Heather Abbott, a Newport resident who lost a portion of her leg during the Boston Marathon bombing, joined Frank Prosnitz and I today on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport to chat about The Heather Abbott Foundation, her Boston Marathon runners, upcoming fundraisers, Marathon Monday, and much more.
For more information on The Heather Abbott Foundation, visit www.heatherabbottfoundation.org.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million