On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 National Grid Gas will be conducting maintenance on the gas main in the area of Thames Street at Dixon Street. They will be excavating in the middle of the roadway and traffic will be unable to pass necessitating a detour for southbound traffic on Thames Street.
Work will not begin until after the morning commute and work will then begin at 9am. Traffic will be detoured at Thames Street and Wellington Ave, westbound on Wellington Ave, southbound on Marchant Street, eastbound on West Narragansett Ave.
Police Officers will be stationed at traffic post to facilitate the flow of traffic.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup