On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 National Grid Gas will be conducting maintenance on the gas main in the area of Thames Street at Dixon Street. They will be excavating in the middle of the roadway and traffic will be unable to pass necessitating a detour for southbound traffic on Thames Street.
Work will not begin until after the morning commute and work will then begin at 9am. Traffic will be detoured at Thames Street and Wellington Ave, westbound on Wellington Ave, southbound on Marchant Street, eastbound on West Narragansett Ave.
Police Officers will be stationed at traffic post to facilitate the flow of traffic.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour