A lucky man from Newport claimed $21,248 after winning in two separate Daily Numbers drawings last week.
He won $10,832 on the April 19th Evening draw, when he wagered $1 each on two combo bets and matched all four numbers in the exact order they were drawn. The lucky number he played was 6 4 0 4.
He also won $10,416 on the April 17th Midday draw when he played the number 2 3 0 4. He wagered $1 on two combo bets and matched all four numbers in the exact order they were drawn to win $10,000 on the straight bets, plus $416 for the box bets.
The man, who was not identified by lottery officials, reportedly plans to put his winnings towards his son’s college tuition.
Charles 5 & 10 Store, 232 Broadway, Newport, sold all of the winning tickets.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13