Newport Police Department has announced that on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, National Grid Gas will be completing the final restoration of the concrete roadway on Bellevue Ave at Prospect Hill Street, from a prior repair.
The work includes the full excavation of concrete panels and pouring of new concrete in the northbound lane. Bellevue Ave northbound will be closed between Memorial Blvd and Prospect Hill Street and traffic will be detoured at Memorial Blvd to Americas Cup Ave. The detour will be in place until approximately 4 pm on Thursday, April 19, 2018, while the concrete cures and is acceptable for traffic to drive over it. Work will begin at approximately 7 am on Wednesday, 04/18/18.
Police officers will be onsite to facilitate with the flow of traffic.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend