Rebuilding Together Greater Newport is one of nearly 200 affiliates of a national program that is rehabilitating properties for low-income and handicapped homeowners.
Here on Aquidneck Island, Rebuilding Together Greater Newport has been helping families since 2001 and they have two big projects underway this month.
Among those joining me on the radio today were some of Rebuilding Together Greater Newport’s volunteers and sponsors, including Kelly Powers from Salve Regina University, Kathleen Rendos from Kiwanis Club of Newport, and Meredith LeBlanc from Newport County Board of Realtors.
There are several prep days and the final day of work will be on the 28th of April. Their goal is to make the homes safer and warmer so we replace windows, clean out basements, provide safety features like smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and grab bars. We also paint rooms and clean up yards.
For more information, visit rebuildingnewport.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination