Rebuilding Together Greater Newport is one of nearly 200 affiliates of a national program that is rehabilitating properties for low-income and handicapped homeowners.
Here on Aquidneck Island, Rebuilding Together Greater Newport has been helping families since 2001 and they have two big projects underway this month.
Among those joining me on the radio today were some of Rebuilding Together Greater Newport’s volunteers and sponsors, including Kelly Powers from Salve Regina University, Kathleen Rendos from Kiwanis Club of Newport, and Meredith LeBlanc from Newport County Board of Realtors.
There are several prep days and the final day of work will be on the 28th of April. Their goal is to make the homes safer and warmer so we replace windows, clean out basements, provide safety features like smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and grab bars. We also paint rooms and clean up yards.
For more information, visit rebuildingnewport.org.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend