The Newport Fire Department received its long-awaited new fire and rescue boat on Wednesday, April 25. The vessel arrived at the Newport Shipyard at approximately 2.30 p.m., after being transported across the country from California, and then was placed in the water for its first voyage — to Perrotti Park. Fire Captain Donald Gunning was inspecting the vessel and unpacking electronic equipment upon the boat’s arrival.
“We have to get all the systems up and running to make sure they all work,” he said.
Photos by Lynne Tungett/Newport This Week. Read more in today’s edition of Newport This Week.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season