Clean Ocean Access (COA) hosted a coastal cleanup at the Cliff Walk on April 14th in partnership with the Newport Daffodil Days Festival. Over 150 volunteers of all ages geared up and spread out to help remove over 400 pounds of debris consisting of fishing gear, cigarette butts, plastic water bottles and more, preventing it from entering the ocean.
“Thank you to all the volunteers that showed up to help clean up the Cliff Walk and the surrounding neighborhoods and celebrate Earth Month”, a news release from Clean Ocean Access stated.
Clean Ocean Access is hosting a beach cleanup at Pheasant Drive on Sunday, April 22nd from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 pm with a special appearance by Woodsy Owl!
The Latest From WUN
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2
- Hocus Pocus 2 begins filming in Rhode Island
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)