From Columbine to Parkland and every town in between, there is no man, woman, or child in the United States immune to the real danger of gun violence.
Jennifer Boylan, Volunteer Legislative Lead of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America will be one of the presenters; she will talk about the work Moms Demand Action volunteers have been doing for the past 5 years right here in Rhode Island to prevent gun violence.
Nan Heroux of Rhode Island Coalition Against Gun Violence will be the second presenter; her work in gun violence prevention began in early 2013 after the massacre at Sandy Hook when Nan joined Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. Nan joined the RI Coalition Against Gun Violence as a Moms Demand Action liaison in late 2013 and now currently serves as the Secretary of the RI Coalition Against Gun Violence board. She will speak to the work the RICAGV has gone and is currently doing in Rhode Island to prevent gun violence.
There will be Q&A session directing following our presenters. This event is free and open to the public.
- Reducing Gun Violence: Community Presentation
- Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Time: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Location: The Valley Inn, 2221 W Main Road, Portsmouth, RI
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record