The Newport Art Museum will host a Volunteer Appreciation Tea & New Volunteer Open House on Monday, March 26th at 1 pm.
Each spring, the Museum enjoys taking this opportunity to thank the many dedicated volunteers who share their time and skills with the Museum. Volunteers are treated to tea and refreshments served by Museum staff in the Ilgenfritz Gallery of the historic John N.A. Griswold House located at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport. The institution relies on its volunteers’ enthusiasm, support and expertise on many tasks and looks forward to showing its appreciation!
The Tea will also be an Open House for those interested in learning more about open volunteer opportunities. The Museum is currently looking for help in the following areas:
- Museum Shop salespeople
- Greeters for events such as Art After Dark & Opening Receptions
- Gallery Guides (docent program – will begin in Fall/Winter 2018)
- Office and Administrative helpers
- Wet Paint & Winter Speaker Series volunteers
- Poster hanging & Museum catalogue distribution help
The Museum asks that current volunteers and those interested in learning more please RSVP to the Tea and Open House by emailing Cristin Searles at csearles@newportartmuseum.