Newport and most of Rhode Island will see 12″+ of total snow accumulation on Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.
For the latest cancellations, delays, and parking bans, visit Weather-Related Cancellations, Closures, Delays and Parking Bans.
The latest National Weather Service forecast for the Newport area is as follows (last update 6:53 pm);
Snow before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers between midnight and 1 am. Low around 31. Blustery, with a west wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Scattered showers, mainly after 4 pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season