Child & Family seeks volunteers for its “Friendly Visitors” program, an outreach to senior residents in need who live in Newport County. The goal of the program is to provide homebound seniors opportunities for socialization and companionship. Volunteers and elders enrolled in the program will be pre-screened for compatibility, such as having similar vocations or interests, and they will be introduced to each other by a Child & Family Elder Care program staff member.
The time commitment for volunteer Friendly Visitors is as a little as one hour per week. Volunteers must provide their own transportation. Those interested in learning more should contact Gerry LePage from Child & Family’s Elder Care program by email at email@example.com or by phoning (401) 848-4185.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million