In 1929, the Potter League for Animals was founded under the name, “Newport County League for Animals” in order to take charge of abandoned, sick, lame, overworked or cruelly treated animals.
Almost 90 years later, the Potter League cares for between 1,800 – 2,200 dogs, cats, and small mammals as the animal shelter of Newport County.
Brad Shear, Executive Director of Potter League for Animals, joined Ryan Belmore and Tim Towey today to chat about all that’s happening at the local nonprofit and all that they’re doing these days to make a difference in the lives of animals.
Ryan and Tim were also joined by two local residents, Jamie Davis and Kevin Hagan, who are heading to Super Bowl 52 this weekend.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million