Representative Lauren Carson (D – Dist. 75, Newport) joined me on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK Newport at the start of the show to chat about her proposed “talking bus bill” that was expected to be heard at the State House last night. I carried on to read what Newport City Councilor Kate Leonard would be presenting to the committee, and share a few other thoughts.
I also provided an update on the proposed sale of the Armory, including the latest from the City Manager’s office.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)