Newport Storm’s Spring Irish Red Ale has been welcomed back as the “Official Beer” of the 2018 Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
2018 marks the 62nd annual parade, and the seventh time that Newport Storm Brewery has been given the honor. The 62nd Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will be held, rain, snow, or shine, on Saturday, March 17th, 2017. The parade will begin promptly at 11:00 am from Newport City Hall and will proceed to Carroll Avenue at Saint Augustin’s Church in the heart of the Fifth Ward. The parade this year is estimated to last 2 hours and will include Pipe Bands, Marching Bands, Fife & Drum Corps, Clown Units, reenactment units, and a host of local, state, and regional organizations including police and fire units, social/fraternal organizations, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Schools, and non-profits.
During the entire week leading up to the parade, Newport Storm hosts a pint night in a different restaurant every night. Proceeds from these events help support the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
“Join us for one of our most popular events of the season – Pint Night – and enjoy a Great Beer for a Great Cause! When you buy a Newport Storm Spring Irish Red Ale for an additional $2 you get an Official St. Patrick’s Day pint glass to keep! Don’t drink? Pint glasses sold empty for $5.00! Last year we sold out of Pint Glasses! Don’t lose out on owning your official Parade collectible this year, ” Theresa Malafronte, PR Coordinator of Newport Storm, shared with What’sUpNewp.
During the entire week leading up to the parade, Newport Storm hosts a pint night in a different restaurant every night.
Newport Storm Pint Night (Al dates/Times/Location TBD)
- Saturday, March 10th – Caleb & Broad – 2 pm to 6 pm
- Sunday, March 11th – The Wharf Pub – 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Monday, March 12th – The Cafe at Parlor – 8 pm to 10 pm
- Tuesday, March 13th – Midtown Oyster Bar – 9 pm to 11 pm
- Wednesday, March 14th – O’brien’s Pub – 8 pm to 10 pm
- Thursday, March 15th – The Fifth Element – 9 pm to 11 pm
- Friday, March 16th – Buskers – 7 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday – March 17th – Newport Storm will host a Parade After Party at Plumby’s at Brick Alley Pub – 1 pm to 4 pm
For more information on Newport Storm, visit www.newportstorm.com.
For more information on the Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade, visit www.newportirish.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates