Chefs from Kinsale, Ireland, will descend on Newport for four days of culinary and cultural exchange from March 10th – 14th.
This March, while the City by the Sea celebrates its 41st Annual Irish Heritage Month, local restaurants will welcome guest chefs and restaurants from Kinsale, the “Gourmet Capital of Ireland,” located in County Cork. Kinsale and Newport have shared a sister city partnership since 2002.
The Newport-Kinsale Chef Exchange will kick off on Saturday, March 10th with a tasting event featuring food from all participating restaurants at the Hibernian Hall in Newport. The event is scheduled for 6 pm to 9 pm, tickets are $25 each and available at Hibernian Hall while supplies last.
Local participating restaurants include La Forge Casino Restaurant, Malt on Broadway, Midtown Oyster Bar, Main Sail at the Newport Marriott, The Fastnet Irish Pub, Sardellas, Tavern on Broadway, McGrath Clambakes and Kitchen Companion.
Partner restaurants from Kinsale and The Irish Restaurant Association include the culinary teams from Actons Hotel’s Sidney’s Bar & Brasserie and Fisher Street Restaurant, The Blue Haven Restaurant & Bar and Aperitif Wine & Tapas Bar, Finns Table, Fishy Fishy, Jim Edwards, Trident Hotel, The White Lady, and Restaurant d’Antibes & The Bistro at The White House.
Visit the participating Newport restaurants March 10th – 14th, they will be featuring dining specials from select Kinsale restaurant menus and you will have the chance meet the restaurateurs and chefs from Newport’s sister city.
For more information, visit newportkinsalechefexchange.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill