The Military Spouses of Newport announced on Tuesday that they will offer merit-based scholarships for Rhode Island area, military dependents seeking post-secondary education. We offer three separate scholarship opportunities for graduating high school seniors, dependent children currently enrolled in a post-secondary school, and spouses of active duty members.
Full eligibility and requirements are listed on each application. Applications can be downloaded from www.milspousenewport.org/ Scholarships The deadline is April 13, 2018.
For more information email, scholarships@milspousenewport. org
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21