Weather is not on Ballard Park’s side this week.
For the second day in a row, Ballard Park has been forced to cancel their 13th Annual Illuminated Garden due to the wet weather. Friends of Ballard Park hopes to run the event on Saturday, February 24th, 2018 from 6:00 to 9:00 pm if the weather cooperates. The free event in Newport, RI’s Ballard Park features thousands of lights displayed on the trees and unique features of the park’s three-acre quarry meadow.
For more on Ballard Park’s Illuminated Garden, read 13th Annual Illuminated Garden set for February 22 – 24 at Ballard Park.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education