Newport, RI – Newport City Council met on Wednesday, January 24th to discuss a variety of applications, ordinances, and resolutions. Those topics discussed included a possible bike share program, talking busses, event applications for the Volvo Ocean Race and much more.
A popular topic that many are watching is the future of the Armory on Lower Thames Street in Newport. At the end of their Regular Council Meeting this event, Newport City Council did vote unanimously (at approximately 58:00 in the video below) to discuss the lease or disposition of publicly held property in Executive Session. City Manager Joe Nicholson did state (when asked by a Councilor) about what would be happening in the closed meeting that only information was being shared tonight in that meeting and no decisions would be made tonight.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals