Gunther Buerman, Founder of the Newport Car Museum, joined Ryan on What’sUpNewp Radio Edition on AM 1540 WADK today to chat about all that’s happening at the Portsmouth Museum and their recent recognition by USA TODAY 10Best as one of the 10 best new attractions in the United States.
Also, the Anglo-American Baseball Project has announced that they hope to present a World War I baseball game at Cardines Field on the Fourth of July, in cooperation with the Naval War College. We’ll be joined by organizers of the event to learn more about the historic event!
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates