Middletown, RI – Islanders Committed, in collaboration with the Middletown Prevention Coalition (MPC), will sponsor a parenting workshop entitled, “Helping Kids Reduce Their Stress (and ours) in the Pursuit of Success” on January 31 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm in the Gaudet Middle School Cafeteria, 1113 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown. The event provides techniques for parents to help their teens manage life’s stressors.
Islanders Committed, the youth committee of the Middletown Prevention Coalition, help educate their peers on the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, these Middletown High School students work to create a healthy and safe Middletown.
Research suggests that well-adjusted youth have stronger self-control and resilience. This workshop will focus on how parents can foster those qualities in a supportive environment without arguing. Dr. Matt Bellace, a Ph.D. in Clinical Neuropsychology and comedian, will use his expertise, wit, and parenting experience to present techniques to develop healthy coping mechanisms against stress, alcohol, drug use, and bullying.
This event is free.
The Middletown Prevention Coalition works to create a safe, healthy and drug-free Middletown by mobilizing the community through action, education, support, and collaboration. The community-based coalition is comprised of individuals representing various public and private sectors of the Middletown community.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch