Newport Fire Department responded to a report of a fire outside of 419 Broadway in Newport around 5:30 pm on Tuesday evening.
Upon arrival, responding units reported a fire near the electric panel outside of the house. Within minutes, the fire quickly spread to engulf all three floors of the apartment building.
According to reports, everyone in the building was able to evacuate safely and there were no reported injuries.
This story is developing will be updated as more information is received.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts