The iconic Seafair mansion, which waslisted for $17.5 million, has been sold for $13.5 million.
The iconic Seafair, which is located on 9 acres at 254 Ocean Avenue, was Newport’s highest-priced residential listing and had been an active listing on realtor.com for more than 200 days. The property, which was brokered by Gustave White Sotheby’s Int’l Realty and presented by Paul Leys, was changed from an “active” listing to a “pending” listing back in October, as What’sUpNewp first reported on October 3rd.
According to The Providence Journal, the buyer of four out of the five units is listed in deed records only as Mavis House LLC, with an address in Burbank, California. Multiple outlets have reported that Jay Leno is the buyer. Mavis is the first name of Leno’s wife.
What’sUpNewp first reported back on October 3rd that the sale of the property was “pending” and that the buyer was Jay Leno, according to our multiple sources. Over the last few months, Leno has appeared multiple times in Newport – at the Audrain Automobile Museum and has been spotted at Fort Adams State Park, along Thames Street and at Pasta Beach.
Once in lifetime opportunity to own the main residence at iconic Seafair. Set on 9 oceanfront acres, this gated compound includes a tennis court, private pool, carriage house, 6 car garage, private cove and mooring. Sunrise/Set 270* Ocean views.
To see the listing, visit https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/254-Ocean-Ave_Newport_RI_02840_M33019-69604.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)